Congratulations on being admitted to the Distance Education Plant Breeding Program at Texas A&M University! The following steps will get you started on your new degree program. If you have any questions, please contact LeAnn Hague (979.845.6148 or email@example.com.)
- International students should follow the instructions found here: International Student Services – Distance Learners
- Review the handbook for your department.
- Update your Distance Education Location in HOWDY.
- In HOWDY under MY RECORD go to DE Location Update
- This must be done EACH SEMESTER before you will be able to register
- In consultation with your committee chair(s) determine which courses you will take each semester.
- Register for classes
- For all SCSC prefix classes, contact LeAnn Hague (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your registration request and she will complete your registration for you. All SCSC distance classes will show “0” openings because these spots are reserved for our plant breeding distance students.
- Distance students should register for course sections designated “700” (for example: SCSC 641 Section 700)
Submitting Your Degree Plan
A degree plan serves as a contract between a student, their committee, and the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies. By submitting your degree plan, you formally declare your chair advisor, committee members and the course work you are required to complete as part of your degree program. The degree plan must be submitted to OGAPS before the end of the student’s second long semester for MS students and before the end of the student’s fourth long semester for PhD students. Failure to do so will result in a registration block being placed on the student by OGAPS.
TAMU Office of Graduate and Professional Studies Links
- Office of Graduate and Professional Studies Homepage
- Graduate Student Forms and Information
- Graduate Student Dates and Deadlines
- Degree Plan and Petition Document Processing Submission System
Other Useful TAMU Links
- Academic Calendar
- Student Business Services
- Financial Aid
- International Student Services – Distance Learners
- Plant Breeding at Texas A&M
- Registrar’s Office
- Help Desk Central
- SCSC Departmental Seminar – Live Stream – Channel 9 (Wednesdays during the Fall and Spring semesters at 4:00 p.m.)
- SCSC Departmental Seminar Schedule and Past Recordings